Friday 1 October 2010

Research + Planning: A Letter from a Broken Heart

This is the poem that i will be using as my script for my short film. I chose this poem as I felt that it was full of emotion and suited the angle that i was going for with my short film.

A man writes a letter to his lost love.

I got my heart broke today,

Not that it matters, I know it don’t,

For you life goes on,

But for me it won’t,

Everyday I wonder what I did wrong.

I handed you my heart,

It was yours to keep,

But then you said we had to part

The pain I felt; it cut oh so very deep.

Now I wish I could wash the pain away,

Because I hurt so bad inside,

I can only hope I’ll die today,

But we both know I won’t no matter how hard I try.

My love is the only thing I had to give,

But you laughed at me,

Now I don’t want to live,

With only memories.

So tonight I’ll close my eyes,

With thoughts of you,

As I say good-bye,

To the only love I knew.

Now all you have left is your tears,

And the pain you handed me,

And you’ll wonder why you have to face your fears,

Because that’s the way it was meant to be

So now I leave you,

With a scrapbook of memories,

Of the times we knew,

And this letter from a broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment